Friday, August 28, 2009

In The Beginning

So, I have been wanting to start a blog about all the things that I have been trying to do with the kiddos But, other things just seem to take priority. Anyway, I think that it will mostly be a good way for me to keep track of what we have done and the links that I use.

My friend and I just started a mom-swap preschool and I think now is the time to officially start keeping track of all our activities. I will be doing the Tuesday class and she will be doing the Thursday class. Since it is just the two of us, it is really low stress and flexible. We decided on picking a theme for the week based on the ABCs. I wasn't sure that I liked this at first because it seems so contrived (you know some letter could easily give us five themes and others well what do you do with x??) but now I think that it was a good jumping off point to pick the themes. So I am very excited. I have so many ideas to just do in two hours that I guess Sunshine and I will end up doing some of them ourselves. I really am unsure how long things will take and how interested they will be in the different activites. So we shall see.

(The name of this blog was choosen because I want to focus on playing while we learn. I think worksheets are not really for pre-schoolers unless your child wants to do them. Hands on, creative, sensory, explorative playing is the way to go. Plus reading reading reading.)

No comments:

Post a Comment