Tuesday, September 1, 2009

B-Bug Theme Lesson Plan

Rug Time
Calendar
Pledge of Allegiance
Introduction of Theme (Discovery Box / Puzzle)
Music Time
I’m taking home a baby bumble bee
Reading Time
(I wasn't as prepared as I wish I would have been, so I didn't get any books from the library, so we ended up just reading the ones that I had.)
Ten Little Lady Bugs by Melanie Gerth
Here is the Beehive (nursery rhymes)
The Icky Bug Counting Book by Jerry Pallotta
Sensory / Manipulative Activity
Bug Hunting, searching through the grass for little "play" bugs. Using tweesers to pick them up.
Art / Craft Time
B- Bee
Beehive (using bubble wrap, I wish I had honeycomb cereal to glue on but this worked well) and fingerprint bees
Writing Time
Tracing bee flying pattern on paper
Game
Cooties
Science Time
After making own cootie, we talked about antennas, and how many legs bugs have
Then we using magnifying glasses to examine some real bugs
Physical Play
Bee Dancing and acting out other bugs
Snack Time
B for banana, biscuits, butter and Bee for honey











Our Mascot for the day. My little Bumble Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment